• Aim to fulfill the Advanced certificate through ICCE and make sure the student completes ALL the work required by ICCE and follows ALL the regulations.
• Don’t leave submission until the last minute. ICCE has a runway of 6 weeks to process results.
• Before signing up to UCAS, have a good personal statement and reference written and checked so it can be easily posted into the online application form.
• Make enquiries to university admissions outside of UCAS. Explain ACE and ICCE to them clearly and recommend the student.
• Often, you will have to do a lot of the legwork with college admissions. Always be clear with them about the high standards of ICCE.
• Have the student take a parent to a college interview as this will provide an extra push.
• Work experience is VERY helpful. ACE students often prove their strong capabilities in the work environment due to their training in achieving goals.